Friday, April 17, 2009

Encounters

Followed classmates to the post office after lunch to pay their utility bills. Since i was there, thought i'll enquire about sending letters to the United States.

Scene in Kampar post office:

Me: Hi, I would like to enquire on the procedures when mailing a letter to US.
X: Give me your letter!
Me: No no, i didnt write it yet; since im here, would just like to ask what is the procedure like. What should i do to mail it to US.
X: First, you go write you letter! Then only come to me! Like that also need to ask one ah?
Me: =.=' (knowing I wouldnt be getting an answer for that question, i decided to change my question). Okay, then can you tell me roughly how much would it cost to send to US? What are the rates for air mail? or by sea?
X: Of course must send by air or sea lah! You think want send letter to US can take motorbike like sending letter to a Malaysian address? (gives me the look).
Me: ....... and how much would it roughly cost?
X: GO WRITE YOUR LETTER FIRST!! Then come back to me! Never write letter some more can ask how much. You're very daring aren't you? Mumbles mumbles.
Me: Thank you.
Classmates: Lan-si
X: What?!!

and we scurried off.
It's funny how Pos Malaysia has such staffs. Do they even go through interviews? I bet if they did; X would be answering anything but the interviewers questions.

ps. heading back to PJ tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment